Thursday 28 November 2013

More sewing...

Hi,
I am a really bad blogger this year... I have been organising myself ready for Christmas using the Planner I made at the beginning of the year.  I am actually really pleased with how I have used it this time, much better.  I am almost ready to post my cards - just need a few more stamps.  I have got some gifts and they are already gift wrapped.  I have quite a bit of the food shopping that can be bought early.  Have been de-cluttering like mad and am ready for my Christmas decorations to go up on Sunday with the tree.  As I said, I have been doing really well.  I have a journal I made ready to start journaling December on Sunday. 
I haven't done loads of crafting.  I do have a couple of stitching things to show off.  The first cushion I made with a rather lovely cross stitch round robin I did a few years back and found in the cupboard.  I am really pleased  with it. 
 
 
Then there is this little one - a rather cute teddy design which my daughter keeps trying to nick off with.  I am persevering with the sewing machine and it's fun WHEN I get it out. I have stopped getting in a mess with the bobbin and getting weird knots in the cotton, so I must be getting somewhere with it.


My favourite thing is decorating the Christmas cakes - will marzipan this week, then I can start to play!!!!  I have some gift money envelopes I need to make.  I have also had this idea to make my own selection boxes up this year.  My kids never like half what is in them, always seems a pointless thing, but you have to give them a selection box, don't you?  So I thought I would make my own box and fill it with their favourites.

Hope you are well and happy.  Thank you so much for stopping by and reading. 
Hugs
Kim M
x

1 comment:

  1. What a good idea to make up your own selection boxes! I just love both of your cushions. I think I am going to take up cross stitching again as I can't knit at the moment as I have a bad elbow and I am missing doing something crafty in front of the television!

    ReplyDelete